Wednesday, July 8, 2015

In Paris

PARIS!!!! OUI!!!!!! (Or for those without
French accents: PARISSS!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!)

So, today, my French Squad (pen pal Sarah and friend Lola) took me to see Paris!
(From left to right: Sarah, Me, Lola)

We took a bus to Lola's and then another bus to Versailles, where we then took a big subway-ish train to Paris.
(The train)

 The first thing we did was the Eiffel Tower (6,000 stairs). My lovely friends waited for me as I went to the very tippy top. Along the steps, on the fence, were engraved locks (the kind you'd use for a locker)  perminanently (or somewhat permanently) locked there by couples. Their engravings would say things like "Joe i Emily 15/3/2013". Also, at the top of the tower, the air smelled like fireworks. Why? I'm not sure at all. And the view was perfect, of course.
(The view from the Summit)

We could see into the apartment Mr. Eiffel had, had for himself in the Summit. There were these creepily realistic statues of him in the appartment, too:
(See Eiffel and, if you look closely, a woman there with him)

After the Eifel Tower, we walked to the Arc De Triomphe.
(Embracing my inner tourist and posing for a photo at the Arc de Triomphe)

We walked around for a good while longer and ended up home around 8 pm (20 heures). We ate some food (Sarah's mom's dinners are to die for) and now I shall sleep 12 hours. Touring at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment