Monday, September 7, 2015

In Virginia

Hey, I'm home!
I've been procrastinating the writing of this post because I'm not exactly sure how to do the situation justice.

The flight was 8 hours. 

I landed around 4 pm, at an airport about 4 hours north of my house.
My parents and godmother met me with a sign that read "EAD Welcome home Elizabeth!"

We met then up with my godfather for dinner at Ruby Tuesday, where I ate my body weight in food.

I'm so happy to be here that I can't even put it into words. Here, we have so much food, and a good emphasis on exercise for females (as opposed to just males), and people who you can talk to despite that they're just strangers, and thrift stores bigger than my house, and fast waiters/waitresses, and cute English idioms that I understand, and church, and hugs, and friends that know me, and hot tubs, and cute elderly people, and quality curtains, and teenagers that drive, and air conditioning, and beaches, and comfy blankets, and nice neighbors, and American power outlets, and attached shower heads. I plan to hang a large American flag on my wall. 
I might get a tatto that says "HEY I LOVE AMERICA", but that idea's still tentative.

Being back has been very fun because, not only am I home again, people seem to be excited about the fact that I'm home again. And this is a relatively exciting time of year anyway. 
The first day, I was home I had an enormous pool party. The next day, I went to church and unpacked. Today, my friend took me to get frozen yogurt and then another friend took me to his country club for dinner/tennis/swimming.
I. Love. My. Friends.
I'd almost forgotten that they're like this.
I missed having people around me that think I'm indispensable.

And I live for people who value happiness over self composure. I have a lot of those people here.

But I miss everyone being skinny, and healthy food, and walking everywhere, and beautiful accents, and gorgeous fashions, and impressively groomed men.

Perhaps most of all, I miss the ideal that which college one chooses to go to is not a big deal and that what one does with one's life is one's own business.



6 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Elizabeth! I'm glad you're home safe and happy. I am glad to see the photos you posted here as well. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm so happy that you are home!" doesn't begin to express my feelings!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing your travels with all of us!!!! I love you dearly! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth!!!! Why have you not posted anything lately?

    ReplyDelete