Tuesday, August 25, 2015

In Actuality, Are You Homesick?

Things I miss a lot:
Lifetime movies
Panera/fro yo
Curtains and comfy blankets
Puns
Smiling strangers
Hugs
High fives
Eavesdropping

Most said questions:
What is that?
What time do we do that?
We're going where?
And you?
How do I pronounce my first name again? (I still can't.)
Why?

Most asked questions:
How are you? Ok
Did you sleep well? Yes
Do you speak French? Yes
Did you understand? Yes
Where did you come from? Virginia, it's to the south
Do you like France? Yes
Do you prefer France or America? Um, it depends
More food? Yes please
Do you want something to drink? No thank you
Do you have a boyfriend? No
How long are you in France? 8 weeks
Can I come live with you? Yes

"Are you homesick?"
No.
In my opinion, homesickness is wishing I were home. I'm not someone who thinks like that.
There are a lot of elements from home that I would like to have currently, yes, but I am not homesick.

"But don't you miss your family?"
I hate saying "I'll miss you" because the reality is just that I'll be happy when I see you again, rather than torn apart when we're separated.
This doesn't mean I don't have feelings, it just means I am realistic. I can love you without missing you.

Am I glad I came?
Yeah, I think so.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice blog entry, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an artist with words. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insightful blog Elizabeth!! How much have you "leche- vitrines" since you've been in Europe? How about flea markets? I read where they're big in France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love window shopping.
      I haven't been to a single flea market, but I did go to that rummage sale thing once in France.

      Delete
  4. Insightful blog Elizabeth!! How much have you "leche- vitrines" since you've been in Europe? How about flea markets? I read where they're big in France.

    ReplyDelete