Friday, August 28, 2015

In London

Yesterday, I woke up and ate cereal. My host dad then drove me to the closest train station. After being grilled by immigration, I took an escalator to my platform. I boarded the train a few minuites later and, after about 90 minuites, I arrived in London. 
Just like that, I went to an entirely different country. And, with the time change, it took under half an hour.
Here, they speak English. Not only that, but they speak it quite beautifuly.

At the station my friend Claire came and met me with her friend Danielle. They are arguably the most welcoming people I've ever encountered.


With the direction of the two, we took a power tour of London- including but not limited to:

Lunch at a cute cafe
Ritsy neighborhoods
The London Eye
Big Ben
Buckingham Palace
Harrod's (which we got lost in)
Tea time at Liberties
Coffe at south bank
The Love Festival
The V&A Museum
Pickadilly Circus


Everything was so fun and so happy. 

I'm staying until Thursday at the house of Claire's family, my close family friends. It's about 90 minuites from London, in Bristol.
As much as I love living with strangers, it's quite nice to live with someone who knows you.

Also, people here really do drive on the left.



No comments:

Post a Comment