Monday, August 31, 2015

In The Backyard

Today, I said goodbye to Claire. She's lovely and I'm fortunate to know her. She's one of the people I'll see again and again here and there. We'll probably get old and still send each other Christmas cards, which makes me happy.

(Andrew, Louisa, myself, Claire)
"Behave, this picture's going to America."
-Andrew

I leave Bristol on Thursday, but I've just found out that my people will be driving me to London to board my plane. That's so much nicer than taking a train to London alone!
Today is Tuesday, and we've just gone thrift shopping or, as the British say, charity shopping. I bought some clothes, which really says something because I'm the pickiest clothes shopper I know. Also, British clothes seem to account for curves as opposed to French clothes that were just not having any of that.
Here, it just sort of rains on and off quite a bit. When they talked about British weather fluctuating a lot, they weren't joking. 

If I remember correctly, America places great value in keeping "room temperature" homes. I'm not sure that's a thing anywhere here. This is very different, but not impossible to get used to. However, wearing layers of long sleeves to sleep here in the summer months is a big change for me, especially considering that in Toulouse I would both wake up and go to sleep sweaty.

It's okay, I'll be in Murica in 55 hours.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, the places you've been! And the people you've met! What a wondrous summer you are having!

    And who couldn't love the quote from Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been really something.
      Andrew is terrific.

      Delete
  2. We love you and can't wait to have you back in 51 hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! Nice photo. Please say "hi" to Louisa for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Elizabeth! I just finished reading the last 2 weeks of your blog-WOW! You are amazingly talented with the word! They seemed to jump right off the page for me, animating each of your blogs that much more. Thank you so much for blogging theses last 9 weeks... a labor of love! Though I haven't commented often, please know that you have been in my thoughts often. Please give a big hug to "Squeza Louiza" for me and hello to Claire and Andrew as well. I'm looking forward to seeing this weekend in Murrica. I love you and safe travels, Pooey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Footoo! Thank you for reading and thank you even more for thinking of me!! I've told Louisa y'all say "hi" and I'll see you soon. :)

      Delete
  5. BTW, I'm with sis Pooey and she REALLY REALLY wanted to post on this blog entry. She had to do it three times for it to take! Perseverance is her forte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet. My heart is warmed. Thanks, Mary!

      Delete