Saturday, August 29, 2015

In Bath

feel like I need to begin by clarifying that "Bath" is a city, not just the thing we use/take to become cleaner.
Bath is a good half hour drive from where I'm living in Bristol. It's absolutely beautiful and was somewhat crowded.
This weekend is what they call a "bank holiday" and that's essentially Labor Day in this case. This means that there is a long weekend and touristy towns turn into really touristy towns.
Louisa, my family friend who I'm living with (my mom's bestfriend) took me into town and showed me all the cool things.

This is her yard.
She lives in a quaint town that reminds me quite a bit of what I imagine American suburbs to have looked like in the 60's.
Being that I was not alive in the 60's I can't be sure, but maybe that can give you a vague idea and we're on the same page here.

 

We got to Bath and there we did all sorts of touring.

We saw the cathedral.

We saw the Fashion Museum.

We even dressed up in the fashions.

At the end of the day we went for tea.
This was complete with cakes and jam and sandwiched.
I didn't take a photo, but here's essentially the exact thing we ordered:

It was nice to have a chocolate cupcake in the middle of the day. While it's not an event I plan to make habitual, it was definitely something I was into.

Thank you, Louisa. You're terrific.


5 comments:

  1. I loved seeing Bath through your eyes. And that tea looks yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, it WAS yummy. Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  2. Very fine, Elizabeth. Though I've heard of Bath, England prior, it was cool to get a "sense" of it via your words & pics. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete