Friday, July 10, 2015

In Another Airport

Though boarding was supposed to be at noon, my flight has been delayed till one.
 
You know how difficult is is just to fly in the first place? Imagine doing that in a foreign language. When you've never been to the airport before. And you're alone. And 17.
The struggle's been real, that's all I'm sayin.

Anyway, I'm sitting in the little waiting seats at what I hope is my terminal. My flight is only a bit over an hour in length, so I should be in Toulouse by 2:30.
In Toulouse, I will be "received" by a staff member from my CIEE program and presumably taken to my host family's house. This should be interesting and the other American I'm staying with might just beat me there.

(The waiting lounge area)

Also, they were selling cups of cheese in the food area and it cracked me up.

(Cups of soft white cheese for sale)

I took a taxi here, and (despite the fact that he was very openly texting while driving) it was quite nice. He exclusively listened to English music (a real trend here) and said things in an accent that I could understand. AND when I tried to tip him, he just shot me this "oh- you poor, confused child" sort of look and handed me back the extra money. Okay, France okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment