Monday, July 6, 2015

In Versailles

I am going back to Versailles today and was there all day yesterday! Pretty cool. Pretty cool.
Yesterday, my French homies (pen pal Sarah and brother, Samir) took me to see the Palace of Versailels. We took so many photos that I had to make an entire post dedicated to them (see last post). Very beautiful and very enormous. There were a lot of tourists and a lot of them spoke in English. Even though I've only been here for like a day, I had really, really missed eavesdropping on strangers' conversations. I don't know what that says about me as a person, but hey.
We walked around the garden for a good while. It kind of poured on us, but I like rain so no complaints. Here's a picture of some very distraught boaters in the storm:

That lake is actually shaped like the crucifix, interestingly enough.

Anyway, we finished our day with a meal at McDonalds (yeah, I know) and a visit to a local park. The parks here are lovely and plentiful.
Very nice, very fun. And now we return to Versailles for some errands. Hooray!


No comments:

Post a Comment