Sunday, July 19, 2015

Photos In Carcassone

Yesterday, I went on a tour with the entire CIEE group to Carcassone. This is an ancient castle surrounded my enormous, ancient walls. Within the walls, there is a town of ancient buildings that have been modernized into boutiques and whatntot. Outside of the walls is just you're normal, everyday city and that's bizarre to me. Here are some pictures:

We took a subway and a  walk to get to the train station

Here is where Carcassone is


Outside of the walls

The bridge to the ancient city 

The view from the bridge 

More outside of the walls, after the bridge 

Inside the outer walls (peep my program leader, Meg, in the black strapless dress)

Inside the outer wall

The slits in the inner wall for archers

The slots from the other side of that same wall

The city below 

Every other picture is from inside of the walls:


Karina and myself

The garden where we ate our picnics

That garden

The church

Its inside

A window

The inside

A street

Weird pastries a shop was selling

Kailey and myself 

Creepily realistic manicans

Doors to somewhere


No comments:

Post a Comment