Friday, July 17, 2015

In Class

Class is boring and I've decided that I must not be a classroom kind of person. At this point, I'm not sure who really is; but that's a separate matter all together.



Anyway, I'm glad that I'm in advanced. The others in class with me seems much more advanced, but that's mostly because my accent is horrendous. I'm okay with them being better- at least I get to actually learn (kind of).

My teacher is essentially a hippie, but I say that with positive connotations in mind. She speaks very, very quickly and with a strong accent. At least classes are only 3 hours, 5 days a week. Only 60 hours. Whatever. (48 to go. But who's counting?)

These students though. Wow. An example:
Jalia studied French for 8 years. In an immersion school. 
Needless to say that's it's a little bit easier for her to speak French than me, who's taken 3 years and two halves. (That's either 5 years or 4. Your choice.)

This being said, Madame told me at dinner that I'm a lot better in French now than I was last Friday. I find this hard to believe, because I barely ever speak French here. I think I was just more nervous when I first arrived.
I said "thank you" anyway.

On a seperate note, Tolouse doesn't have air conditioning. This is not an overstatement, but rather a painful truth.
For everyone in AC places: appreciate your air conditioning for me please.


No comments:

Post a Comment