Thursday, August 6, 2015

In Honor Of Leaving Toulouse

I've been slacking in blog posts primarily because I've been busier (happier) and because writing in English feels so awkward. I know that's a weird thing to say that sounds exaggerative, but thankfully it's not exaggerative. Typing this feels like cheating or something. Like- what is this, knowing all the vocabulary that I want and being able to communicate easily?? Wow.

Anyway, I've been here 5 weeks today. It feels like no time at all but at the same time like I've been here forever. The usual. Cliché.

Tomorrow we'll have a going away party and the next day we all leave one way or another.

In honor of my last day, I'm going to post some hilights. It might get vaguely sappy, but I think I can control myself.

Arnaud, the head guy, asked us each to send him the photos that we thought epitomized our experience in Toulouse. I sent the following photos:


This is Victoria and we have turned taking cutesy pictures into an art.

We have matching bracelets but not matching personalities. We got them from the French version of Victoria's Secret (the bracelets, not the personalities).

Yet again, these are my people. I have more people. I'll be sure to get pictures at the party tomorrow.

Emani at the space museum. Gazing at Bæ.

I don't know.

Karina, my roomate. She's super (but refuses to read my blog 😒😂).

Fam. At home.

Squad. At Courtney's/Syeda's/Francoise's/Mme Jenneane's house.

Roomate. At the Ferris wheel.

Friends. At the (first) art museum.

The group. At that one American party, with the ambassador.

Karina and I on the first week. We've come a long way. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment