Friday, July 3, 2015

In The Airport

In case I get progressively worse at remember to post as I imagine I will, I figure I'll start out strong with my second post in... an hour. Hello, again! I'm in the airport and I'm already having fun. I'd go as far as to say that this is a fun airport, but I'm probably just easily amused. So many people and a pertinent, communal sense of impatience. Love it.

Anyway, more on where I'm about to stay:

At some point during my junior year, during a night on which I'm sure I was procrastination some sort of homework (most likely French), I decided I needed a pen pal. I wanted to better my French and make new friends but, most of all, I wanted a "productive" way to procrastinate. Thus, my pen pal journey began. 

I found a website for online pen pals (studentsoftheworld.com I believe). I messaged nearly every French speaking human on that site and after weeks of awkward small talk with strangers, a handful of champion pen pals remained in contact with me. One of these beautiful souls was a 16 year old named Sarah. Sarah lives in a home between Versailles and Paris, two of France's most iconic cities. She is a lovely girl in the same grade in school as me.

Meanwhile, knowing I would be coming to a program in Toulouse for the month of July, my mother and I started looking (somewhat desperately) for ways that I could stay in France longer. More than that, we started looking for ways I could see 🌟🌟🌟Paris🌟🌟🌟.

I messaged Sarah to ask if she knew anyone near Paris I could stay with and, low and behold, SHE was someone I could stay with. She is so sweet and smart- I am so excited!! 

I have no doubt that we'll do handfuls of brilliant and touristy things. I'll be sure to tell you all about them! The 9 days with her family start in 6 hours. Can't wait to be deeply confused in a foreign language. 


Yippeeee!

(There's my flight, at the very bottom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment